Wednesday 26 January 2011

A Round Of Words - Check-in 7

I can't believe it's another check in already. Thanks to everyone for their continued support. Progress on Shroud Of Death has pretty much come to a halt while I've been making notes and a rough outline for TCI.

One of the problems with Shroud is the premise of the story feels too ambitious for me right now so I may put this on hold while I get TCI planned, written and hopefully resurrect BOS, both of which are simpler in scope.

I've arranged a long weekend out of the office for next weekend so I can make some headway on the new project and after this check-in I'll be taking as much of a hiatus from civilisation as is humanly possible.

The rest of this evening I'll be typing up my notes and outline so far for TCI and I'm also working through The Nighttime Novelist. I still expect that I won't plan out every last detail and scene but methinks some much needed guidance is in order.

Also I cheered myself up by doing a check on my original 2011 goals.
I've written something on 19 out of 26 days of this year.
Including the prologue to Shroud, I've written 3 and half chapters in as many weeks.
Still not read much poetry yet but going to be cracking on with Staying Alive (poetry antho) as part of my course and realistically it'll be summer before I'm ready to start subbing poetry out to the markets again.



Don't forget to visit the rest of the crew.

3 comments:

C.Farrell said...

You're making progress so it's good to stay motivated. I know what you mean about being too ambitious. Sometimes it just isn't the right time for a WIP. For me, right now, I feel like I work best on straightforward plots, particularly novellas.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the progress, Katy! It sounds like you've been sticking to your goals really consistently. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, the midweek's check-in sort of appeared out of thin air for me. :) I think this schedule change has me going in circles. You are rocking this thing though. Way to go!