Sunday 9 January 2011

Writing Reflections - A Round Of Words In 80 Days - check in 2

I'm going to check in now before I tackle todays word count goal. I'm behind and want to get a few things cleared out the way first to leave the rest of the day free.

Daily word count goal 375
Thursday: 408
Friday: 122
Saturday: 47

Target for today (sunday) to get me back on track: 880

I was pretty tired by the time Friday night rolled round and Saturday I got sidetracked with website stuff. Overall on Shroud Of Death I'm up to chapter 2. For the most part, I'm sticking to my rough outline and know that I will probably have to restructure the whole plot once the 1st draft is complete. I'm debating whether or not to take the ipad and my folder into work to keep on top of this during my lunch break instead of constantly cramming everything in to my evenings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck for making your target for today!

C.Farrell said...

You can do it. :) Even ten minutes at lunch might help - I know how you feel about being too tired by the time the evening comes around. On my goals, I left the weekends free so they could be my catch up time. Good luck next week.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good luck with your goal today....I like the check-in idea, since it provides that extra incentive.

Anonymous said...

Same here! Plans are to get back on track. You go because I'll be following along behind...lol.

CathrynLouis said...

I like the use lunch idea. Even if you don't write, you'll keep in touch with your writing and won't have to start cold every evening. Keep up the good work!