Sunday 14 October 2012

ROW80 - Check in 2

This weeks been pretty much a wash out but there's always today and tomorrow.

I've fine tuned my goals a bit more:

Monday: Poetry Night
To join crit group
Sub 3 poems to market
Write one new poem
Read/work through a section of a poetry reference book (Either Stephen Fry's one or another one which I can't remember the title of)
Rewrite a poem
Read and analyse one poem for sound, structure and meaning.

If any of the above don't get done they'll roll forward to the following Monday

Study wise:

Tuesday: 1.5 hours of studying with 30 minutes reserved for supplementary actives such as journalling and freewriting.

Wednesday: As above

Thursday: As above

Friday: Night off

Saturday 3 hours studying with time for typing up work and updating learning log

Sunday: As above

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to let me know how the Fry Chronicles turns out. I was thinking about reading that myself but have been on the fence, that is if you end up reading it. Some weeks are certainly better than others. The good thing is that you've got a plan and you're not stopping. Hope the words flow for you :)

alberta ross said...

not a wash out surely - seems you got quite a bit done theren - as you say there's always another day but you did acheive- keep smiling:)

Anonymous said...

I like that you keep one night off during the week. Maybe I should try it ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week and happy writing!

Anonymous said...

Now, Katy, I'm with Alberta--always look at the half-full glass!

Most importantly, you're not giving up, but still plugging away! :)

Katy Bennett said...

Thanks all, Ryan it's The Ode Less travelled on my shelf which is a poetry how to but Fry seems like he understands the mechanics of language so seemed like a good one to pick up.