Wednesday 2 November 2011

Row80 - Round 4 - Check in 9

Not really sure how it came to be November, the perpetual darkness is hanging over the country and it's starting to smell like winter, summer's going to be a long time coming. Goal wise I'm muddling through.

Yoga's on track although I did miss a day. Readings on track.

The big woohoo: I've finished filling in the timeline data for my novel. YAY. Spreadsheet complete, next up start typing up my location details.

Poem A Day begun yesterday and I'm on track. I was in the mood for ghosts so have decided to try and incorporate a supernatural theme into all the prompts. I've decided not to post the poems online this time but I'm sure a couple of them will sneak up here in the new year.

Studying is slightly behind as I decided to take Monday night off and recharge for November madness. I've been keeping a daily journal for my second module and did some prep work on dream recall in preparation for the first exercise and have a huge list of books to purchase. For my poetry module I'm not as far along on the current assignment as I would like to be. If I pull out all the stops I should still have it handed in by Monday and then it's one more assignment to the finish line.

I'll be reviewing and adding revised goals on Sunday's check in.

Hop around the linky with plenty of caffeine on standby for the nanowrimoist's and general row80ers;

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your goals, Katy! It is okay to take a day off here and there from a task. Life requires a bit of variety in order to keep things from becoming stale and stagnant.

Closing in on the end of the poetry module has to have you a bit excited. You have worked quite hard at this, go claim your prize.

Have a great week :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job. Keep up the good work! I tried to do Yoga and let's just say.. I'm not Gumby. I admire the fact that you can do it.

KH LeMoyne said...

Sounds like you're doing great. Look forward to the poem posts next year. I always appreciate others who can create in that medium.
~Kate

Eli Omans said...

Hiya! Keep up the good work! Yoga is amazing, isn't it? I wish I kept up with it I don't have a lot of space where I live so I just took a class in college. Best thing I've done for myself in a long while actually.

Anyways, good luck next week!

Lena Corazon said...

Great work, Katy, and I echo Gene - it's important to take a night or two off every so often. We can't charge forward at light speed all the time, and it's good to have a chance to breathe. :D

Katy Bennett said...

Thanks all, I do generally have Friday night as a do nothing night. I'll be charging though November but December should be a little less whacky.

Wendy Jane said...

Another good check-in. And I liked the way you opened the post, the tidbit about the weather. Very writerly :) Can't wait for some poetry samples! Keep up the good work.

Tia Bach said...

Sounds like you progressing well. Congrats! I, too, am dismayed that 2011 is almost over and it's November already. Thanksgiving and Christmas always help the year-end speed by.

Hope you keep up the momentum!