Saturday 12 November 2011

Row80 - Round 4 - Check in 12

As tomorrow is Remembrance Sunday, I decided to check in today as I have written a poem to go up tomorrow. I'm back moving forward with goals.

Yoga'd twice since wednesday.

Back to reading regularly, studying is going slower than I would like, I'm hoping to have the current assignment done by Wednesday.

For the most part I'm keeping up with daily journalling as part of my second module. There's something inspiring about writers who have kept journals for decades.

I've also been making notes on the novel and the novella. Started heading up my location sheets but haven't filled in any details yet. Keep finding more and more areas to research, is there no end?

I've missed 2 prompts on poem a day but enjoying the challenge and will catch up at some point on the 2 prompts.

I've been reading Write Good or Die ed. by Scott Nicholson which again is inspiring and has me thinking about my attitude towards writing and my perspective. Also hoping to knuckle down and clear my current reading pile soon so I can concentrate on the study books.

Have a great weekend

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on your goals, Katy. You'll have to review Write Good or Die for us. A bit of inspiration is always a good thing.

Happy Remembrance Day :)

Katy Bennett said...

Thanks Gene, write good is more a collection of articles which is suiting me better than the how to books. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

also curious to hear about write good or die! sometimes i stop in the middle of writing/revising and am seized with the thought that maybe i'm not serving the story justice (and therefore must die?!). haha. you know.

good luck with your goals this week!
gina

Wendy Jane said...

Good check-in. You've been staying busy. Sounds like it's a good busy. Very encouraging. Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Good job on the goals, Katy. Like Wendy says, a good busy. Write Good or Die is something I should look into--I think articles might be more my speed as well. I hope you have a lovely week.

Elizabeth Anne Mitchell

Katy Bennett said...

Thanks Elizabeth, if I remember rightly I downloaded write good or die for free either through smashwords or the kindle.

Anonymous said...

Ooo. May have to look for that book.