Sunday 7 November 2010

PAD - Week 1 Reflections

It's a huge success for me that I'm still going at the end of week 1 and I have finished everything I've started albeit the poems are still in their newborn form. I'm hoping I can make it to the end of week two. I think I needed to be at this point in my life to really do something with my writing. My mind feels focused for the first time in a long, long time and I'm enjoying writing for the sake of writing.

Disconnect surprised me because I hadn't thought about him in years and I can look at the relationship now and not feel a thing, that chapter is finally closed. Some other pieces need rewriting and expanding, punctuation is missing, some titles also need tweaking but that's for next month and I'm going to regag the editor now.

My writing is no longer dominantly horror but I will still continue to promote the genre on my site and in my newsletter it's still my favourite genre to read. I will still be writing horror but I've freed myself from restrictions.

I'd like to thank the other guys and girls doing PAD for their comments and their community. But special thanks go to Robert Lee Brewer for putting this together.

No comments: