Sunday 10 April 2011

Review - Banquet For The Damned by Adam Nevill

Synopsis - Heavy metal musician Dante Shaw chases his dreams to Scotland after receiving a request from his idol. On arriving in Scotland, he becomes victim to events beyond his comprehension.
The opening pages are dark, creepy and tense. It's a slower, more intelligent read than some of the fast paced action gore fests out there. Every location is written to capture and mimic the mood of the scene. When the main character first came on the scene, I thought I am going to hate this guy, but I warmed to him, Dante was well rounded, he had his flaws and passions, he has history, he was alive. I love coastal locations and I love towns that drip with history. Overall, I couldn't put the bloody book down. 
Rating: 5/5


No comments: